When choosing a social network, up-to-date social media statistics for B2B and B2C are crucial to consider.
Whether you market to businesses or to consumers, you can’t fly blind.
You should learn the basics about any marketing channel you choose, but definitely one like social media, where the most substantial gains are seen over time rather than in the beginning.
Otherwise, you’ll end up following the bandwagon and “just choosing Facebook” because everyone and their Auntie Em is choosing it too. Then you’ll wonder, months later, why and how you ever got “duped” into spending so much time and money on “this social media stuff.”
How to Choose the Best Social Network for Your Particular Business
When using social media for small businesses, it’s a gigantic mistake to choose a social media channel because… well, for any reason other than it’s the best channel for YOUR business.
Did you know…
- Many studies report that frequent Facebook users practice extroversion (on the network), yet have high neuroticism & narcissism, with low self-esteem & self-worth?
- 71% of Inc. 500 execs estimate that just 5% or less of their total annual sales come through Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest?
Then keep reading. Because statistics and data on each network must influence which network you choose.
Choosing the Best Social Network for YOU:
A Cheat Sheet
Tip: The most likely way you’ll profit with social media is to use the data below strategically.
- Who do you expect to target with your posts?
- What types of social media content will you post?
- When will you post?
- How often will you post?
- Why are you using social media to begin with?
Keep the above in mind when perusing the below social media statistics.
Here’s an infographic of the best tips and social media statistics. Just click it to view it larger (in a new window):