—Page 2 of 3—
Page 1, encouraging quotes, helped you reconnect with your purpose as a change agent, empower yourself, and obliterate fear.
Page 3, inspirational daily quotes, will help you regroup in tough times, refresh your perspective, and refocus your thoughts.
This second page of motivational quotes for business can help increase focus, energy, and inspiration, even when you may feel like quitting.
Which category do you need?
Not into it today? Stick to the plan anyway.
Go ahead and get ‘er done.
- “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” ―Joseph Campbell [Tweet ]
- “’I never seek to defeat the man I am fighting,’ he explained. ‘I seek to defeat his confidence. A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory. Two men are equals – true equals – only when they both have equal confidence.’” —Arthur Golden
- “Don’t bend. Don’t water it down. Don’t try to make it logical. Don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.” ―Franz Kafka
- “Life is a process of becoming: a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” —Anais Nin
- “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” —Ginni Rometty [Tweet ]
- “If you think someone or something other than yourself is responsible for your happiness or success, I’d guess you’re not that happy or successful.” ―Rob Liano
- “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” ―Theodore Roosevelt
- “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson [Tweet ]
- “You may be whatever you resolve to be. Determine to be something in the world, and you will be something.
‘I cannot,’ never accomplished anything; ‘I will try,’ has wrought wonders.” —J. Hawes
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” —Stephen Covey [Tweet ]
- “Never give up. It’s like breathing: Once you quit your flame dies, letting total darkness extinguish every last gasp of hope. You can’t do that. You must continue taking in even the shallowest of breaths, continue putting forth even the smallest of efforts, to sustain your dreams. Don’t ever, ever, ever give up.” —Richelle E. Goodrich
- “We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat—they do not exist.” —Queen Victoria [Tweet ]
- “Don’t waste a single second. Just move forward as fast as you can and go for it.” —Rebecca Woodcock [Tweet]
- “Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.” ―Shannon L. Alder [Tweet ]
- “Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure.” —Edward Eggleston [Tweet]
- “Imperfect” timing trumps inaction. Don’t stall a project for days, years, awaiting perfection. How will you make it happen—today? —H.T. [Tweet ]
- “I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.” —Pearl S. Buck [Tweet ]
- “If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes—only sooner.” —Tallulah Bankhead [Tweet]
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” —Elizabeth Gilbert [Tweet ]
- “We can leave our lives to chance… or we can live our lives by CHOICE.” ―Terry Crouson [Tweet]
- “People throw stones at you, and you convert them into milestones.” ―Sachin Tendulkar [Tweet]
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” —Victor Kiam [Tweet]
- “No matter what your history has been, your destiny is what you create today. What are you going to create?” ―Steve Maraboli [Tweet]
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” —Catherine Cook [Tweet]
- “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” —Tony Robbins
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” —Tony Robbins [Tweet]
- “The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” —Tony Robbins [Tweet]
- “Don’t prepare. BEGIN.” —Steven Pressfield [Tweet]
- “Start before you’re ready. Good things happen when we start before we’re ready.” —Steven Pressfield [Tweet]
- “Turning pro is a mindset. If we are struggling with fear, self-sabotage, procrastination, self-doubt, etc., the problem is we’re thinking like amateurs.
Amateurs don’t show up.
Amateurs crap out.
Amateurs let adversity defeat them.
The pro thinks differently. (S)He shows up, (s)he does the work, (s)he keeps on truckin’, no matter what.” —Steven Pressfield
- “Without ambition, one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A year from now, you may wish you had started today.” —Karen Lamb [Tweet]
- “The world cares little about what a man knows; it cares more about what a man is able to do.” —Booker T. Washington [Tweet]
- “We must know that it is not enough just to see what the Mind is, we must put into practice all that makes it up in our daily life. We may talk about it glibly, we may write books to explain it, but that is far from being enough. However much we may talk about water and describe it quite intelligently, that does not make it real water. So with fire. Mere talking of it will not make the mouth burn. To know what they are means to experience them in actual concreteness. A book on cooking will not cure our hunger. To feel satisfied we must have actual food. So long as we do not go beyond mere talking, we are not true knowers.” —Takuan Soho
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity.” —Amelia Earhart [Tweet]
- Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice. —Wayne Dyer [Tweet]
- “A failure establishes only this: that our determination to succeed was not strong enough.” —Hoshang N. Akhtar [Tweet]
- “Our enemy is not lack of preparation. It’s not the difficulty of the project, nor the state of the marketplace, nor the emptiness of our bank account. The enemy is our chattering brain, which, if we give it so much as a nanosecond, will start producing excuses, alibis, transparent self-justifications and a million reasons why we can’t/shouldn’t/won’t do what we know we need to do.” —Steven Pressfield
- “Look closely at the present you’re constructing: it should look like the future you’re dreaming.” —Alice Walker [Tweet]
- “That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do has increased.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Doing nothing is also an action. Not making a decision is making a decision.” ―Bohdi Sanders [Tweet]
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world?” —Anne Frank [Tweet]
- “God doesn’t hand you an easy life because you will grow in it. He hands you a dream with hurdles, obstacles, setbacks, battles and challenges because he knows the real you is at the finishing line.” —Shannon L. Alder
- “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It’s a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” —Denis Waitley
- “Be too busy creating results to waste time sharing goals with unbelievers.” —H.T. [Tweet]
When it’s urgent, you’re tired, and
you’re feeling like quitting, look here.
- “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. Be faithful in small things, because it is in them that your strength lies.” —Mother Teresa
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” ―Suzy Kassem [Tweet]
- “Once you become self-conscious, there is no end to it. Once you start to doubt, there is no room for anything else.” —Mignon McLaughlin
- “If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can’t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” —Rosalynn Carter
- “Bold action in the face of uncertainty is not only terrifying, but necessary, in the pursuit of great work. ” —Jonathan Fields [Tweet]
- “Go as far as you can see, and you will see further.” ―Zig Ziglar [Tweet]
- “Did you ever hear of a man who had striven all his life faithfully and singly towards an object, and in no measure obtained it? If a man constantly aspires, is he not elevated? Did ever a man try heroism, magnanimity, truth, sincerity, and find that there was no advantage in them—that it was a vain endeavor?” —Henry David Thoreau
- “Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.” ―Dan Brown [Tweet]
- “Let fear be a counselor and not a jailer.” —Tony Robbins [Tweet]
- “A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson [Tweet]
- “Flaming enthusiasm, backed by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” ―Dale Carnegie
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” —Stephen King [Tweet]
- “Now is the accepted time, not tomorrow, not some more convenient season. It is today that our best work can be done, and not some future day or future year. […] Today is the seed time, now are the hours of work, and tomorrow comes the harvest and the playtime.” ―W.E.B. Du Bois
- “The universe doesn’t give you what you ask for with your thoughts, it gives you what you demand with your actions.” ―Steve Maraboli
- “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.” —Peter F. Drucker [Tweet]
- “Life is a journey. And if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” —Peter Hagerty [Tweet]
- “It’s not knowing what to do; it’s doing what you know.” —Tony Robbins [Tweet]
- “Just imagine what would have happened if Michael Jordan quit after getting cut from his high school basketball team?” ―John A. Passaro
- “Whatever it takes to finish things, finish. You will learn more from a glorious failure than you ever will from something you never finished.” ―Neil Gaiman
- “Writers often torture themselves trying to get the words right. Sometimes you must lower your expectations and just finish it.” ―Don Roff
- “Beginning, in itself, has no value. It is an end which makes beginning meaningful. We must end what we’ve begun.” ―Amit Kalantri [Tweet]
- “A little at a time until less becomes more, and more becomes less on the other side.” ―Johnnie Dent Jr.
- “When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” —Marissa Mayer
- “When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do. More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known told the author their greatest success came just one step beyond the point at which defeat had overtaken them.” ―Napoleon Hill
- “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ―Tony Robbins
- “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” ―Will Rogers
- “Success is not obtained overnight; it comes in installments. You get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow, until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day’s success.” ―Israelmore Ayivor
- “The line between failure and success is so fine…that we are often on the line and do not know it.” ―Elbert Hubbard [Tweet ]
- “Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful (wo)men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” ―Conrad Hilton
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal, a commitment to excellence, that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” ―Mario Andretti
- “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.” ―Thomas Fowell Buxton [Tweet]
- “If failure has the strength to turn your life into bitterness itself, then patience has the strength to turn your life into the sweetest joy. Do not surrender to fate after a single failure. Failure, at most, precedes success.” ―Sri Chinmoy
- “Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence. They’re willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to perservere in the face of many difficult odds. There’s a very positive relationship between people’s ability to accomplish any task and the time they’re willing to spend on it.” —Dr. Joyce
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.” —Calvin Coolidge
- “If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, “Here comes number seventy-one!”‘ —Richard M. Devos
- “Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist, but the ability to start over.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail, I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.” —Og Mandino
- “Never forget: this very moment, we can change our lives. There never was a moment, and never will be, when we are without the power to alter our destiny. This second, we can turn the tables on Resistance. This second, we can sit down and do our work.” —Steven Pressfield
- “I know you’re tired, but come… this is the way.” ―Rumi [Tweet]
- “When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute, NEVER GIVE UP.
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert.” —Rumi
- “I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being—forgive me—rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.” —J.K. Rowling
- I find that the harder I work, the more ‘luck’ I seem to have. —Thomas Jefferson [Tweet]
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ―Maya Angelou
When it’s hard getting started or
embarking on change, light your spark.
- “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” —Rumi [Tweet]
- “The past, the present, and the future are really one: they are today.” —Harriet Beecher Stowe [Tweet ]
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of ‘doing.’ Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must DO.” —Leonardo da Vinci
- “Stop thinking of yourself as a victim. You were a target that is now no longer being hit.” ―Thomas Sheridan [Tweet]
- “The amount of time an individual may spend pondering over what his neighbor has and what he does not, is equivalent to the amount of time the individual has lost in becoming an equal to his neighbors.” ―Victoria Addino
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ―Paulo Coelho [Tweet ]
- “I have begun everything with the idea that I could succeed, and I never had much patience with the multitudes of people who are always ready to explain why one cannot succeed.” ―Booker T. Washington
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” —Chinese Proverb [Tweet ]
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand [Tweet ]
- “You must know that in any moment, a decision you make can change the course of your life forever: the very next person you stand behind in line or sit next to on an airplane, the very next phone call you make or receive, the very next movie you see, or book you read, or page you turn could be the one single thing that causes the floodgates to open, and all of the things that you’ve been waiting for to fall into place.” —Tony Robbins
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” ―Henry David Thoreau
- “Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot inflame the minds of his audience.” ―Henry David Thoreau
- “Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson [Tweet ]
- “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson [Tweet ]
- “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” ―Rumi
- “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.” ―Rumi [Tweet ]
- “I have always admired the ability to bite off more than one can chew – and then chew it.” —William DeMille [Tweet ]
- “Nature never repeats herself. The possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another.” ―Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” ―C. JoyBell C.
- “Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.” —Erica Jong [Tweet ]
- “Our truest life is when we are, in dreams, awake.” ―Henry David Thoreau
- “You cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself into one.” ―Henry David Thoreau [Tweet]
- “Start where you are with what you have. Make something of it, and never be satisfied.” ―George Washington Carver [Tweet ]
- “There is a time in every man’s education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil, bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do. Nor does he know until he has tried.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” —Margaret Fuller [Tweet ]
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” —Eleanor Roosevelt [Tweet ]
- “If you take too long in deciding what to do with your life, you’ll find you’ve done it.” —George Bernard Shaw [Tweet ]
- “As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” —Marianne Williamson [Tweet ]
- “When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers.” —Colleen C. Barrett [Tweet ]
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” —Jim Rohn [Tweet ]
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!”
- “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth, and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had.” —Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Ask, and it will be given to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you.” —Jesus [Tweet ]
- “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you’re moving, you’re creating alternatives and possibilities.” ―Rodolfo Costa
- “The only measure of what you believe is what you do. If you want to know what people believe, don’t read what they write, don’t ask what they believe; just observe what they do.” ―Bohdi Sanders
- “Every action we take, everything we do, is either a victory or defeat in the struggle to become what we want to be.” —Anne Byrhhe [Tweet ]
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” ―Henry David Thoreau
- “What you seek is seeking you.” —Rumi [Tweet ]
- “The roughest roads often lead to the top.” ―Christina Aguilera [Tweet ]